The mention of sports in Singapore can be found right back in the 19th century. A sport is an alternative for recreation and other less oriented activities such as clubbing or dinners. Sports clubs were set up back then where people could interact with each other and have a good time. However, you need to bear in mind that sports were a luxurious activity entitled to only a few people. As far as Singapore sports history is concerned, we also know that only a few locals were given the opportunity to participate. Mainly, the sports clubs were built by the Colonials who used them for their good. Let us discuss it.
Some major roles of the Sports Safety Working Committee
- Promotion of sports safety in different kinds of sports
- The recommendations of the Sports Safety Committee are put into action
- Implementation issues are studied
Some precautions to be taken before playing sports
- A physical test needs to be conducted by a physician to assure physical health before any sport.
- Keep a check on your health, diet and shape before you start practising or playing.
- A sportsperson has a very active lifestyle – these needs to be balanced with proper exercises and a sleep routine.
- Start working on your fitness level so that it increases with time.
- Check all the safety equipment before you start playing your favourite sport and ensure that it meets the needs of the national standards and is in good shape.
- Consume a lot of fluids. This should mainly include water and fresh juices.
- Warm-up stretches should be done before practice, while cool-down stretches should be done after practice sessions.
- Make sure your body gets at least one day off so that it can recover from the sessions you’ve been doing.
However, if there is a sports injury during or after practice, you need to head to the doctor for medical treatment. Sports injuries can be dreadful to some, so take good care of your body and its needs.
In the first quarter of 2008, we know that the Sports Safety Working Committee was brought to life. This mainly consists of 14 organizations and Sport Singapore, which are highly responsible for managing sports events, and they also look into the operations of sports venues and medical institutes. Well, there are various plans through which sports safety is being promoted in Singapore by the committee.